OK Granted, I have been sequestered in my little home for the whole week. But today takes the cake where rudeness and invasion of personal space is concerned.
First, I head over to our local BIG box store for a few items. I mean very few like maybe 5 or 6. I get in line for the self check-out. I pride myself in being smarter than the average checker and silently rejoice when I only wait in line for 60 seconds while the line next to me gets longer and longer. I scan my purchases only to get curtailed by my trusty yogurt. I try scanning it a few times and think, "OK I'll just get these other items and then try again". With the cereal tucked neat and tidy in the plastic bag, I start to scan this tub of 'gurt. Nothing's happening. I try to key in the bar code, but it won't accept it. So this lady behind me steps up to the scanner right in front of me and starts instructing me on how to scan items. EXCUSE ME? I'm not a moron. I try a few more times and then hand it to her to have her try it. AH HAH! I wouldn't work for miss-know-it-all either. Finally, I just put it on top of the pay thing and said "It ain't worth it". I finished paying and walked away from the rude lady and my cart. Yeah, that's right, rude lady behind me, YOU can put the cart away.
Fast forward to later this afternoon. Much to my chagrin I realize that what I went to the aforementioned BIG box store in the first place for is not in my sewing kit. I swear I had this no-sew glue from a previous project. So, trying to keep things in town and avoid the Big box store and all it's invasion of personal space, I go to a little MOM and POP store. I think to myself "I'm so smart. I am stickin' it to this BIG box and supporting the little guy". The glue was $2.49 and after waiting in line for 3 minutes with two kids in the car waiting for me, I'm told that there is a charge to use a charge/debit card for items under $5.00. A CHARGE to use a CHARGE card? WHAT? I guess that little MOM and POP store really showed me. Here I am a customer that had ventured into their small, podunk, overpriced, overstuffed store to buy my small container of no-sew glue, (which incidentally, has dust on it) and they want to charge me for not having cash on hand. WOW so much for supporting the little guy.
Can I just stay sequestered in my little home, please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It makes me so mad when people won't give me "space". I mean come on! I hate the self checkout, it never works for me - ever!!
Wow, I am soooo sorry!!! I wish I was at the Big Box store with you. I would have made sure she knew to back it... As you know from my Maverick experience. LOL I love ya. Let me know if you meet her again, I will "help" her!! hahaha
Post a Comment