Monday, October 6, 2008

Flashback

So the past few weekends, Chris and I have spent it canning. We weren't planning on it either weekend, we just ended up doing it so the massive amounts of fruit given us would not go to waste. I never thought I would be grateful for those fall months of my youth making jam, applesauce and grape juice would serve me so well in adulthood. I can't believe I'm "saying" this, but I'm glad my parents taught me the value of hard work and heading the Brethren's council to be frugal, prepared and industrious.

2 comments:

chelon:) said...

good for you! i wish that i were your neighbor so that i could benefit from all of your hard work :)

Helen said...

Do you offer lessons? Darren and I were actually saying last night that we should start canning. What a great thing to do.